See why computer memory is essential to your system's overall performance and learn more at http://www.crucial.com
Not only do we offer free delivery, free tech support and award-winning customer service, when you use the FREE tools on Crucial.com, we will guarantee compatibility with your system, or your money back.
Follow us on social media to get the latest Crucial news and products!
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/CrucialMemory/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/crucialmemory
Google Plus - https://plus.google.com/+crucial
Benefits of a Crucial memory upgrade
• Increase system performance
• Easy to install
• Compatible with OEM systems and OEM warranties
• 100% component and module tested for superior reliability
• Limited lifetime warranty
Memory is one of the most important components in terms of determining your system’s performance. Here’s what it is and how it works.
Memory (RAM) is a component that allows for short-term data access. Since your system’s basic operations like browsing the Web, loading applications, and editing a spreadsheet are almost always performed using short-term data access, the speed and amount of memory you’ve got installed plays a key role in your system’s performance.
Here’s how that performance happens. Inside your system, memory works alongside your system’s processor and storage drive (the hard drive or SSD) to access and use data. To put this into context, say you want to access data from a spreadsheet and perform some basic edits. You click on Excel to load the program, and ...
1. The Excel program and any saved files you have are housed on the storage drive for long-term data retention. These are loaded from the storage drive.
2. Then, your system’s processor transfers this long-term data into short-term data for the memory to access and use.
3. The processor then accesses data from the memory, which is like your computer’s bank of available workspace. The speed and amount of memory you’ve got installed helps determine how fast applications are able to operate, and helps determine how effectively your computer can multitask. When you’re editing a spreadsheet or performing any other moment-to-moment operation, you’re using memory.
Because memory is like your system’s bank of available workspace and has a big impact on performance, the more of it you have, the better!
You can easily find compatible upgrades at Crucial.com in 60 seconds or less with our compatibility tools, which quickly identifies upgrades for more than 100,000 systems. Look up your system with the Crucial Advisor tool (http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/advisor) or download the Crucial System Scanner (http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/systemscanner)to show you which upgrade is right for you.
Crucial. The memory and storage experts.™
Memory and storage are crucial – your system won’t work without them. Every time you press the power button, load apps, save documents, type, or move your mouse, you’re using memory and storage. When it comes to these components, four factors are crucial: expertise, compatibility, reliability, and commitment. You need all four. As a brand of Micron, we’re part of one of the largest memory manufacturers in the world and we provide the same caliber of components that get pre-built into new computers. We live and breathe memory and storage, and we’re here to transform your system’s performance.