Today, we'll be sharing Nature Crazy's top 6 recommendations that can help you naturally reverse gray hair. Maintaining hair color demands the ability to create the enzyme, tyrosinase which helps facilitate melanin’s relocation to the hair shaft which gives the hair its color.
1. Supplement with copper on a regular basis. Copper is absolutely essential to the enzyme Tyrosinase which performs the critical function of oxidizing tyrosine into melanin and giving hair its color.
2. Supplementing with vitamin E daily. According to scientific studies low levels of catalase may play a role in the graying process of human hair because as these levels decline, hydrogen peroxide will increase and at an accelerated rate. Using vitamin E on a daily basis is a great way to naturally boost catalase, which, as we now know, will help reduce and fight hydrogen peroxide levels.
3. Supplementing with Iodine for the Thyroid. A healthy thyroid is important to hair color because research has shown that thyroid hormones triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4) modulate hair biology parameters from hair cycling to hair pigmentation. Supplementing with Iodine will help get your thyroid back in order, which in turn will start sorting out the hormones your body needs for homeostasis.
4. Supplement with a B complex for Stress and Cortisol Control. Stress, ageing and poor nutrition can all cause us to accumulate more H202 than Catalase in the body as well as deplete critical vitamins and minerals in the body. Looking at animal research, it appears that even early life stress can affect the turnover of hair pigmentation. Supplementing with a high quality B-complex will help promote healthy cortisol levels by supporting your metabolism and replenishing copper metabolizing B-vitamins such as Biotin, Paba, and B12. We recommend using daily.
5. Make sure you stay away from all chemical shampoos, hair colorings and dyes because these products damage your hair and scalp. Instead opt for using completely natural shampoos and conditioners. If you’re wondering what a good shampoo is anything with essential oils or coconut oil. We also wholly endorse and recommend Nature Crazy’s shampoo and conditioner which is all natural.
6. It’s a good idea to use a topical aid directly on your hair in order to help effectively reverse the graying process. The supplements help your body from the inside out, and an effective topical directly addresses the hair from another front. For this reason, we wholly endorse the Nature Crazy Dark Tone Hair tonic which includes a variety of natural powerful ingredients such as lotus flower essential oil, which was shown to stimulate melanin syntheses and tyrosine activity in a dose dependent manner. We recommend using once daily and when you start to see a decrease in graying hair tone you can ween off and start using every other day.